Media Center Policies
- Books may be checked out for 7 days.
- Special collection books may have different loan periods.
- Students in Kindergarten and first grade may check out only one book out at a time.
- Students in second, third, fourth, and fifth grades may check out two books out at a time.
- Students are allowed one extra book when requested by the teacher.
- Students are responsible for the books they borrow from the media center.
- Students may renew a book once for an additional week, if needed, provided others are not waiting on the same book.
Students are no longer issued a library card. Students are expected to know their Student ID number (aka: Lunch Number).
Use of Book Sticks
- Book Sticks are used while looking for a book on the shelves to mark the place where a book is removed from the shelf. This allows the student to put the book back on the shelf where the book belongs if the student is not interested in the book.
- It is important that the student stay with the book stick while looking for books to keep up with the book stick the student is using.
- Book sticks should be returned to the box when finished.
- Students may never put books back on the shelf unless a book stick is used.
- Book sticks should never be used as a weapon or to make noise.
- Inappropriate use of a book stick may result in a discipline slip.